Work for Dementia Jersey
Dementia Jersey are currently looking for candidates for the following role
Interim Operations Manager (Maternity cover)
Are you looking for a rewarding temporary role within the charitable sector? Dementia Jersey are recruiting for an Interim Operations Manager (10 months maternity cover). Join the team and play a pivotal role within the charity, leading on strategic projects as well as overseeing HR, IT, finance and office management functions.
To apply for this role, please email your current CV along with a cover letter to Dementia Jersey CEO Claudine Snape to Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Application deadline: 5pm, Monday 8 August 2022
Post Title: Interim Operations Manager (Maternity cover)
Reports to: Interim Chief Executive Officer
Salary: A competitive salary within the charitable sector
Working Hours: 30 hours per week
Location: Dementia Jersey office, St Helier (NB post is office based)
Dementia Jersey offers advice, support and education across the island to anybody affected by dementia. We seek to raise awareness and improve understanding of dementia, working to make Jersey a more dementia friendly island where all those affected by dementia are understood, welcomed and supported.
Purpose of post
Leads on key strategic projects as well as overseeing HR, IT, finance and office management functions.
Line manages the Team Assistant and plays a senior role in the team.
Line Management Responsibility
1 x Team Assistant
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Play a senior leadership role within Dementia Jersey, leading on the development of organisational policies and processes and creating and maintaining key strategic documents including the organisational risk register.
- Line manage the Team Assistant, providing advice and support for their continued learning and development ensuring that they provide key support for Dementia Jersey’s fundraising programme.
- Lead on Dementia Jersey’s operational monitoring and reporting framework and process based around indicators of outputs, outcomes and impact. Lead on data reporting, inputting into reports for the CEO and trustees as and when required.
- Identify the key qualitative and quantitative information and evidence required to support strategic and operational planning e.g. research data, evaluation reports/ feedback and stakeholder perspectives.
- Take a lead role on key strategic projects including longer term office relocation plans. Develop & maintain information on supporters, donors and potential funders so Dementia Jersey is better able to extend its reach and impact.
- Lead on HR functions, making sure staff records are kept up to date, new contracts are issued on time, they have timely performance reviews and they (and volunteers) have access to core training such as first aid, data protection etc.
Support the team assistant to provide reception cover and in the absence of the Team Assistant; arrange for the zero hours receptionist to provide cover.
- Coordinate all day to day financial functions including payroll, working closely with the Treasurer and interim CEO and adhering to the financial handbook.
- Work with external suppliers to ensure the maintenance of IT systems/support and act as Data Protection Coordinator.
- Manage the premises ensuring all working areas comply with health and safety legislation and best practice.
- Support the delivery of Dementia Jersey events by ensuring appropriate risk assessment and data capture takes place.
- Develop and manage relationships and contracts with partners and providers ensuring cost effective, timely and quality services.
- Undertake other tasks to promote Dementia Jersey and support colleagues in their work as needed.
Essential Skills & Experience
- Significant experience at a management level in a planning or operations role, using management systems for risk management, developing operational and business plans and developing and overseeing monitoring and/or evaluation functions.
- Line management experience.
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills, including the ability to negotiate support and resolve conflict.
- Strong research and information gathering skills e.g. research data, evaluation reports/ feedback, stakeholder perspectives and experience of outcome based reporting.
- Experience of project management, including the ability to plan, implement, monitor and evaluate projects to meet agreed targets and timescales.
- Highly organised and able to work independently under pressure, managing own and others’ workloads.
- Excellent attention to detail and ability to work independently.
- Excellent IT skills and ability to use Office 365 with advanced skills in Excel; confident in manipulating data and extracting reports.
- Excellent knowledge of data protection, risk assessment & health and safety principals
- Able to work flexibly to meet the needs of Dementia Jersey
- Satisfactory DBS check
Desirable Skills & Experience
- Knowledge of Jersey employment law
- A background in or knowledge of health & social care
- Knowledge of Dementia
This interim role is to cover maternity leave and will be for 10 months, on a fixed term contract while the existing Operations Manager acts up as Interim CEO.
The post-holder will need to work on a flexible basis although the core hours will be worked during normal working hours.
A DBS check is required for this role.